With Diwali soon to be celebrated, everyone begins to feel the joyous spirits of festivity. As you sit here, thoughts of sweeping, polishing, and painting your dazzling home for the auspicious festival flood your mind. Grandmother’s homemade delicacies such as ladoos and pedas are made and exchanged among loved ones. One of the most entertaining yet engaging aspects about Diwali is decorating the home with pure elegance. To effortlessly pioneers in traditional Indian festivities during Diwali, here are 13 of the most remarkable decoration ideas for your home to read and adore.!
Diwali Decoration Ideas For Living Room
- Mirrors that can be mounted on the wall: Put up a large mirror in your living room. Mirrors elevate spaces and make a room look bigger.
- Gold Accents And Decor: Gold is a lovely colour scheme for Diwali theme decoration. Your diyas, lanterns, fairy lights and idols can all have a gold finish.
- Cushions And Pillows: Cushions are versatile decor items. Mix up cushions of different colours, sequins, beads and the like for the perfect Diwali decoration
- Rugs And Carpets: No proper Diwali celebration is done without the addition of lights. By dangling different kinds of illuminations like fairy-infused bulbs, robust margin lighting and brilliant LED strips effortlessly among floor augmentations or window ledges, you can flip over the whimsy with awe-inspiring aplomb. Seeking dramatic ornamentation? String everything from shimmering little lamps and twinkling illuminations, even ceramic organizers would look avant-garde abruptly ablaze with illumination.
- Diwali Lights Decor: Diwali is the festival of lights. So, without lights, the celebrations feel incomplete. Make the most of this by decorating with different types of lights like fairy lights, string lights and LED strip lights across your window sills, floor surfaces, walls and even crystal containers for a dramatic effect.
- Diwali Flower Decoration: Incorporating flowers into your interior decoration evokes a refreshing and colorful vibe to any room. Strategically placing a handful of arranged flowers into a vase atop your coffee table, or perhaps scattering petals over tea lights in a bowl of water can imprint a mesmerizing Diwali floral aesthetic throughout any space.
- Tea Lights And Votive Candles: Tea light votive holders are a creative Diwali decoration idea too. Place a pair or a cluster of several on side tables, by the main entrance of your home or the dining table for a festive glow
- Herbs And Dried Petals: Aside from the aesthetics, your home also needs to exude a festive aroma. There are various kitchen herbs with strong smells like cinnamon, star anise, and cloves which you can combine with dried flower petals to create your own homemade potpourri.
- Diwali Light Decoration For Illuminating Balcony
- Bamboo Screens: Drape a bamboo screen on your balcony for privacy and hang some decorative lanterns or plants to spruce up the look.
- Arrangements of miscellaneous decor: Fairy lights, artefacts and comfortable furniture together make for an ethnic ensemble – perfect as a Diwali theme decoration idea.
- The Centrepiece of a Room: Chandeliers: Chandeliers are a simple and delightful way to enhance your home’s aesthetic, be it a spacious veranda, an outdoor terrace, a roofdeck or above your dining area. Not only are they a tasteful and hassle-free decoration for Diwali, but they lend an air of sophistication as well.
- Fairy Lights: Hang up some string lights or chain lights outside your balcony to add a warm and magical ambiance to your evenings. Its shimmery and dim lights creating a starry effect would certainly sprinkle charm all around your home.