Paint is one of the most affordable and quick ways to update your home’s exterior. By painting your home, you can change its look and feel, making it more appealing to potential buyers or renters.
- Protect : Your home’s surfaces are protected from moisture, dust, insects, microorganisms, and corrosion thanks to paint.
- Maintenance: A painting job provides the opportunity to locate and fix flaws on your home’s surface.
- Prevent obsolescence: Keeping an old house looking modern is possible by painting it.
- Protect market value: Painting your home will make it more appealing to buyers, thus increasing its value.
Surface preparation is the most important part of painting a house.
The main purpose of surface preparation is to make the surface ready for the paint so that it will adhere properly. Poor preparation can lead to paint failure.
- Pressure wash: The first step in cleaning a surface is using a jet stream of water to blast away dirt, dust, mold, and other surface impurities..
- Scraping: After pressure washing, the surface may still contain impurities that must be manually removed. This process involves scraping the surface to remove any contaminants..
- Surface repair: Pressure washing and scraping processes will reveal weak, rotten, or damaged spots on the surface that need to be repaired.
- Caulking and sanding: Caulk and filler are applied to seal imperfections and create an even surface. The entire surface is then sanded to smooth it
- Priming: Primer is a substance that is put on the surface of a painting to help it look perfect even if there are uneven colors on the surface..
Professional painters can help you paint your home more effectively and cheaply than doing it yourself..
Benefits of hiring a professional painter to paint your home
Perhaps the hardest part of painting a home for most homeowners is deciding what color scheme to use. A professional painter can help you wade through the thousands of options by pointing you in the direction of the colors buyers like most or what will work best for your home. The painter will put the benefits of their years of experience at your disposal.
You get a beautiful home done to perfection.
Unlike when you paint your home by yourself, you can expect perfect lines when hiring a professional painter. You will not have issues with roller marks or brush lines showing in the paintwork with a professional painter. This matters because the small details determine the quality of a paint job.
Moreover, even if you want something intricate in the design, a professional painter will execute it to perfection. When you paint your home yourself, you must limit yourself to the simplest designs. But when you hire a professional painter, you can unleash your imagination.
Should you paint your home by yourself or hire a professional painter?
What is the best way to handle your home’s paint project given the impact it has on its overall value and appearance? Is it a good idea to paint your home by yourself? Or should you hire a professional painter to do it? Will painting the house by yourself have any long-term effects on the appearance of your home and its market value?
To answer the questions, perhaps we should first ask why some homeowners think they should paint their homes by themselves.
For most homeowners who choose to paint their homes themselves, there are two reasons:
- Hiring a professional painter is out of reach for them because of the cost. In contrast to long-term investments, the painter is viewed as a cost to be avoided.
- The second reason is that some homeowners view painting their home as a fun activity that is accessible to everyone. They think of it as no different from what kids do with colors on canvas.
But this kind of thinking misses a vital point: choosing paint colors and applying them to the surface of a building is less than 25% of the process of painting a house. More than 75% of the process of painting a house takes place before you even pick up a brush to apply a coat of paint to the building’s surface.https://paintsutra.com/